Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh Brothers!

This week I babysat my 3 year old twin brothers, Josh and Caleb. On January 18th (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) I babysat my brothers outside. One would run this way then the other one would run the opposite way. It was just so hard and frustrating. I got out some toys for them. Then they started fighting over one of them, the plastic car that you can sit in but you have to walk for it to move. I finally just said, "Boys, share! It's Caleb's turn anyway." Instead of Caleb taking a turn, he let Josh have it and rode the tricycle. What a sweet boy Caleb is. I started riding the go-cart and Josh and Caleb pushed me to make me go faster. After a while of playing outside and brothers fighting, I was ready to go inside. The boys wanted to keep playing outside, but I really wanted to go inside. I put away the toys. Josh and Caleb started drawing with chalk. Suddenly, we heard gun shots. We usually hear gun shots a lot where we live so I wasn't worried, but I made up a good plan to get the boys to go inside. I yelled, "Oh no! Gun shots. Hurry, we need to go inside, there's a bad guy. Hurry a bad guy!" Josh and Caleb rushed inside, they actually believed that there was a bad guy. I was taking my time slowly making my way to the house. The boys started rushing me inside. We went in, sat on the couch, and watched the movie My Dog Skip. I was exhausted from babysitting my little brothers. The boys stayed and watched the movie, or at least part of it. I started to lose my focus in the movie and looked for the boys to make sure they were still there, but they weren't there. So I got up and looked around the house, my mom was already putting them down for a nap. I guess babysitting is over until they wake up again. Oh brothers!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I have to baby sit my 3 younger sisters sometimes and they always fight over everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old are your sisters? I know ow it feels babysitting.

    ReplyDelete